From Buzzfeed, 17 Faces Every Grammar Nerd Will Recognize
Those looks of exasperation, disgust or despair that we word lovers give when we are faced with these awful but all-too-common errors. Check out the videos, see which ones you know you’ve done. There are a few from Sheldon of Big Bang Theory (“I weep for humanity.”)
These are ALL on my grammar pet peeves list.
- When someone thinks adding an apostrophe makes a word plural.
- When someone somehow still doesn’t understand the difference between your and you’re.
- Or the differences between there, they’re, and their.
- OR THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TO AND TOO??
- When someone says “irregardless.”
- When you find out someone you like has horrible grammar.
- When you get into an argument over the Oxford comma.
- When people say “literally” but actually mean “figuratively.”
- When someone uses “it’s” as a possessive pronoun.
- When you hear “I could care less.”
- When someone uses “less” and “fewer” interchangeably.
- Or “then” and “than.”
- When someone doesn’t understand how to use semicolons correctly but keeps throwing them around anyway.
- When you see “alot.”
- Or “could of,” “should of,” and “would of.”
- When someone asks you why you care so much about grammar: Grammar is the greatest joy in life, don’t you find?
- Which is why when you find out that YOU made a typo you’re like: (screaming)